Spiritual Couples Counseling, as practiced at HHP, is a non-denominational, supportive therapy focused on the clients’ beliefs and value systems in support of their essential being and spiritual growth, both as individuals and as a couple.
The goal of Spiritual Couples Counseling is to deepen and/or re establish healthy communication, heal grief, anger, and trauma, and facilitate the growth of authentic intimacy.
- Creates a safe, sacred space for clients to explore past experiences as a couple and current challenges to the relationship
- Facilitates a discovery process in which both individual and shared goals are identified
- Promotes intimacy by creating a safe space for communication
- Aids in re establishing trust after crisis
- Reconnects clients with positive foundational relationship beliefs
- Provides support in the deconstruction of old, dysfunctional beliefs and the subsequent embracing of new shared truths
- Identifies and deepens understanding of emotional triggers, ultimately helping to decrease and/or defuse them