Thai Massage is a system of compressions and acupressure points combined with assisted yoga poses. Utilizing meridian lines similar to those we see in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM,) Thai Massage is at its core an energetic system aimed at removing blockages and increasing the flow of chi or vital energy throughout the body.
Thai massage at HHP is done on a mat on the floor and involves no oils. Participants are fully clothed. Yoga clothes or something similarly stretchy are recommended.
- Aids detoxification of the body and boosts the immune system
- Increases blood circulation, helps to lower blood pressure
- Increases muscle flexibility and mobility
- Improves breathing and respiration
- Improves posture, balance, and body alignment
- Dissolves energy blockages
- Helps strengthen joints, including chronic joint problems
- Helps with concentration and creativity
- Clears and calms the mind
- Helps with mental clarity
- Reduces and relieves stress and anxiety
- Helps boost inner energy levels
- Increases overall health and vitality
- Creates greater self-awareness