Osteopathy is a philosophy and a form of integrative, and alternative holistic medical health care that emphasizes the interrelationship between structure and function of the body, as well as the body’s ability to heal itself.
Therapy includes a broad range of gentle hands-on techniques including soft tissue stretching, deep tactile pressure, mobilization of joints, and cranial sacral manipulations.
Osteopathic medical treatment (OMT) is particularly effective in treating and relieving painful conditions that are related to or involving the head, neck, face, shoulder, arm, low back, hip, sciatic nerve, or leg pain not relieved by over the counter (OTC) pain medications, such as Advil or Aleve, or muscle relaxants. The pain can be as a result of trauma, accident, acute fall or injury, or even overuse syndromes. Oftentimes, just realigning the back and body is all that is needed to bring relief from pain.
- Relieves Pain
- Reduces chronic tension in muscles and ligaments
- Improves mobility and range of motion
- Decreases the stress on the joints
- Reduces tension in the body
- Relieves tension headaches and migraine headaches
- Helps the body to adapt to hormonal and structural changes during pregnancy
- Reduces scars and adhesions
- Treats trauma resulting from accidents (Sport injuries, Motor vehicle injuries)
- Encourages the body to heal itself
- Increases circulation
- Reduces blood pressure
- Improves the immune system
- Eases breathing